Parlay Consulting Firm
Are you the person that your friends and family can always depend on? Is it oddly satisfying to put complex scheduling puzzle pieces into place and tick items off your to-do list? Do you instinctually step up when a situation calls for extra hands?
If yes – and if you’re motivated to support community impact efforts, have talents to give a small but mighty company poised for growth, and are intrigued to join a close-knit team with high output and an excellent reputation – Parlay Consulting Firm may be the place for you.
About the company
We identify assets and opportunities and leverage your current success to build your desired results.
Parlay Consulting Firm is a locally-owned small business based in Omaha, NE, with a regional presence. We provide change management leadership, organizational development, and program & evaluation services to include, but not limited to, strategic planning, needs assessment, business development capacity building, coaching, stakeholder research, program evaluation facilitation, system change work, and much more. Read about us at parlayconsultingfirm.com.
Our mission is to work with companies to achieve their desired results.
At Parlay Consulting Firm we believe in…
- Growth. Continually improving individuals, companies, and ourselves for the betterment of our shared community.
- Curiosity & being challenged. Often, we hear others say to us, “that’s a great question” because of the gentle pushes we cannot help but to ask.
- Resourcefulness. It is important to take your current outcomes and parlay them into the results you desire to achieve.
- Humility. Often being humble in the hard work it takes to get there.
- Energy & excitement. With every person or organization, we work with, we get excited about the potential that they can achieve
The Administrative Assistant will support the CEO and assist the wider Parlay team with both internal and client-facing administrative tasks that create operational efficiencies and ensure consistent delivery of high-quality client service.
Our ideal candidate must be organized and detail-oriented, possess excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills, and be proficient with Microsoft 365. They must be able to multi-task, be willing to dive in wherever hands are needed, and work with minimal supervision while upholding professional integrity.
The Administrative Assistant is an hourly part-time role, with partially flexible hours depending upon company need and candidate capacity. This position is classified as nonexempt under federal wage and hour law. It reports directly to the CEO.
- Manage CEO’s calendar and schedule meetings
- Schedule client meetings across Parlay portfolios (as requested)
- Assist with client lifecycle and internal operations CQI (continuous quality improvement) tasks
- Prepare and pack for in-person client sessions (e.g., printouts, facilitation materials)
- Send client welcome & closing gifts
- Order and maintain company office, including supplies, equipment, and subscriptions
- Coordinate company events (e.g., client appreciation, staff outings, quarterly company work sessions)
- Arrange occasional travel, on-location meetings and meals
- Send and track client session audio files for written transcription
- Send and track gift card incentives for client research initiatives
- Attend meetings and record minutes (as requested)
- Maintain digital files of official documents, records, reports & correspondence, some of which may be confidential in nature
- Provide internal staff support for deliveries, milestone gifts, misc. tasks needing extra hands
- Other administrative duties as required
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Uphold Parlay Consulting Firm policies, procedures, mission, values, and client confidentiality and respect for individual rights & dignity
- Perform all duties in a professional manner, consistently presenting this image within the work environment and community
- Maintain excellent communication with all team members, including strong virtual collaboration
- Organization, including the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Empathy, using skills to determine what is most important to deliver on the organizational promise
- Use of technology to complete assignments
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills (both virtual and in-person)
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 (Sharepoint, Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), videoconferencing (e.g., Zoom) and web browsing (e.g., Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge)
- Team player mindset with strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude; team starts each day by sharing a personal or professional “win”
- Ability to prioritize under deadline pressure and problem-solve when things change
- Detail-oriented with daily tasks while having awareness of bigger picture
- Dependable self-starter with sound judgement who can be productive under minimal supervision
- Desire and drive to learn and grow
- Preferred: Cover letter included with resume, experience managing an executive calendar, exposure to nonprofit/public sector organizations
- Primary company work hours occur Monday through Friday, from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time.
- This position is expected to regularly attend daily and weekly internal staff meetings.
- Consistent daily work hours are preferred; some flexibility is possible.
- Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
- This role is currently a majority work-from-home position; consistent access to reliable Wi-Fi with sufficient bandwidth for videoconferencing is required.
- The company may open a local office in or near Omaha, Nebraska in the future. In that case, this position would have requirements for spending work hours in the office environment.
- Occasional local or regional travel may be necessary, including semi-regular trips to the home office in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Parlay Consulting Firm is a drug-free workplace and reserves the right to test employees for substance abuse.
- Parlay Consulting Firm is an equal opportunity employer.