Website CASA for Douglas County
The Human Resources Director oversees the overall strategic direction, planning, coordination,
administration, and evaluation of the human resources at CASA for Douglas County. The director is responsible for
developing and ensuring effective implementation of plans, systems, policies and processes for workforce planning,
talent acquisition, talent management, coaching and development, employee engagement, legal compliance and
recordkeeping, employee relations, total rewards (compensation and benefits), and payroll oversight. This position
requires a true strategic business partner who is collaborative and capable of building consensus and commitment
toward shared outcomes. Strategic and intentional efforts related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will be a priority
for the role. The Human Resources Director at the discretion of the Executive Director, will supervise the
Operations and Finance Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Talent Management: Partner with the leadership team to formulate, develop, implement and evaluate a HR
and Talent Management Strategy to achieve the organization’s vision, mission and goals, and to create value
to its stakeholders. Regularly engage in direct communication with the Executive Director on key human
• Talent Management: Oversee recruitment efforts to ensure that the organization is effectively and
efficiently sourcing and selecting the right candidates.
• Talent Management: Develop and drive talent management strategies to ensure effective staffing alignment
with the needs of the organization. Create systems to onboard talent, identify critical talent needs, develop
core competencies and corresponding development opportunities, and engage leadership in succession
• Coaching Development: Identify ways to increase staff retention and productivity, including strategies to
enhance employee engagement, leadership and staff development, regular feedback and coaching, and
career development and promote a coherent organizational culture that positions CASA for Douglas County
as an “Employer of choice.”
• Coaching Development: Lead the effective and efficient administration of the performance management
process, making sure that the organization’s leaders are equipped to engage in constructive and ongoing
feedback and coaching, collaborate and encourage staff to actively participate in identifying and addressing
• Compliance: Mitigate legal risk to the organization through proactive training and education, clear systems,
and processes for managing conflicts with and between employees, handling and investigating complaints of
harassment/discrimination and other unjust practice allegations.
• Compliance: Maintain current knowledge and application of all relevant laws and regulations at the local,
state, and national level relating to employment and ensure organizational compliance. This includes
educating and advising CASA leadership on HR-related legal and regulatory matters and ensuring HR
programs, practices and policies are aligned. Ensure that employee files and records are properly and are properly and securely maintained.
• Compensation and Benefits: Design and implement a competitive compensation system and benefit
package to attract and retain staff. Partner with leadership to develop a Total Rewards/Pay philosophy,
regularly review compensation and benefits market data, monitor pay practices and proactively address
issues, manage benefit broker resources and benefits enrollment process, manage leave administration and
the payroll function.
• Compliance: Design and implement a strategy to optimize and integrate HR technology, enabling managers
and employees to easily perform people-related transactions (e.g. benefits enrollment), facilitates delivery of
effective HR services, securely stores employee data, and supports people-related decisions.
• Compliance: Adhere to all CASA for Douglas County policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
• SPHR Certification preferred.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of HR generalist experience partnering directly with senior leadership to develop,
align and implement HR and organizational development strategies
• Experience supervising and developing staff.
• Experience implementing strategies and systems for talent management, compensation and benefits, and
• Strong business acumen and leadership abilities.
• Working knowledge of employment laws and other compliance issues.
• Ability to listen and probe to understand underlying needs and/or root cause of an issue.
• Ability to provide thoughtful, progressive, and strategic guidance.
• Expertise in analysis, critical decision making, project management, and process improvement
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, including proficiency in developing and
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems.
• Ability to identify, influence, and collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve desired organizational
• Outstanding judgement, sensitivity, and high discretion with confidentiality.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and HR system applications.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and proof of auto insurance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org